Motion 3 shifts images created from earlier version of Motion

Posted by gardengal 
Motion 3 shifts images created from earlier version of Motion
November 06, 2008 06:23PM
I had a completed project...ran smooth, made some DVDs, all good. Then I got a new computer and FCS 2.Wanted to make a small change and when I opened the old project in FC S 2, most the motion sequences have been altered. My sequences consist of a series of images that move. Here's what I mean:
I have a series of psd.'s of a creature "talking". So one psd the mouth is open, the next psd mouth is closed. etc. but what has happened- going from my first finished product which ran smoothly, to now is that the open mouth psd(for example) has shifted slightly in Motion 3 so when it runs , instead of the creature standing still talking- it shifts location, giving that jittery back and forth look. This type of thing has occurred in most of the Motion sequences. Some psds are Way over. There doesn't seem to be any pattern of disturbance. All I know for sure is something got lost in translation from Motion (used in fcp 5) to Motion 3.( I have no Motion exported Quicktime. THe source of the problem appears to be Motion 3). I really want to get to the root of this without going in and doing surgery to the project. Thanks for any help. I did start to do some tweaking and when I rendered in FC it would crash with "may have been caused by the ProGraphics plug-in." I checked the thread on this. Don't know if this is directly related to the shifted images. Will a new graphics card help? Don't understand why things got shifted. Thanks for any guidance and help. Also get "Motion quit unexpectedly. Problem may have been caused by the Ozone plug-in. Found a link to that issue, but don't know if it's part of my current problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics