Welcome to Motion

Posted by Michael Horton 
Welcome to Motion
August 09, 2004 03:21AM
Welcome to lafcpug newest forum.

As most of you know Apple's newest application "Motion" is soon to ship and because the buzz surrounding it is so heavy we thought it might be a good idea to create a forum to talk about it, share tips and techniques, and solve each others problems.

We are blessed to have some great and talented moderators who will over see this forum and I'd like to introduce them to you all. It's a talented group of folks.

Tom Wolsky
Graeme Nattress
Antonio Hui
John Foley
Joe Morelli

Special thanks to each of you for giving your time.

We could use a few more mods if any of you are interested. You must be comfortable with Graphic Design, process a modicum of troubleshooting skills, be able to check into the forum every so often, and of course buy Motion when it ships. Easy gig.

Anyway, welcome all and let the discussion(s) begin.

Mike
Re: Welcome to Motion
August 09, 2004 04:40AM
Thanks Michael. I tried to find out as much as I could about Motion at NAB when it was first on show to the public, and spent a fair bit of time playing with the version they had on the booth. I've been using AE for many year, and have just recently "got into" Shake. I'm very excited about the possibilities of Motion, especially with regards to real time procedural animation, which is something I've been personally interested in for a number of years now, although in the 3d graphics realm rather than the compositing realm.

Graeme
August 09, 2004 07:59AM
Thank you for opening up this forum, Michael.
The industry buzz is more intense that I can remember for any one application. Probably because Apple has shown it about and kept the ship date a total blank.
I am looking forward to getting my copy of it and investigating how well it can be made to run on a G4 system with a 4x graphic card.

Shipping SOON!
August 09, 2004 08:10AM
I watched the "Motion" demo on the Apple site and I could only shake my head saying "WOW - this is going to be big" over and over...which happens to be the exact same response I had during the first After Effects demo I saw in 1996 smiling smiley

I hope my Ad Agency & Broadcast experience is useful to all. I am not a "by the book" Designer / Editor - never have been. I compare my process to clay modeling & giving birth...it's a molding, massaging process that goes in all directions...layer by layer / clip by clip...until something clicks - pulling me in a certain direction...sometimes painfully...leading to the birth of a "look" (unless, of course, the client KNOWS EXACTLY what they want - I LOVE those people and those projects)

I am very happy to be a part of the LAFCPUG and the new "Motion" forum - it's a great bunch of people! Thanx Michael!

- Joe
August 09, 2004 09:00AM
BTW: Anyone going to SIGGRAPH? I wish I could make it (*sigh*), but I can't, so those of you that might get to the Apple booth, see what you can see and let us know the latest! This is Apple's lineup for SIGGRAPH:

[www.apple.com]

I am hoping Apple writes a more intense Motion Demo for the Graphics World's "Show of Shows".

Thanx!

- Joe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics