Without Motion ? What else.

Posted by Antonio Hui 
Without Motion ? What else.
August 12, 2004 10:40PM
Dear all,

I guess, most of our us can't enjoy the "Motion" at the mean time, because lack of hardware or some other reason. so that, I like to start up a new topic about what else can produce the similar result of "Motion"

"Motion" is really a only software can done in this price range (in OSX). The rest may found in other platform. so that, any idea, experience or suggestion is welcome.

Happy Sharing
Antonio Hui

Re: Without Motion ? Illusion
August 12, 2004 10:51PM
A software called illusion, a particle effect software, also seem to be the same one as a generator inside the discreet's combustion.

here is the sample pages.
[www.wondertouch.com]

Antonio Hui

Re: Without Motion ? GlobFX
August 12, 2004 11:08PM
A software called GlobFX, a OpenGL based real-time program. However, without any upgrade after v1.09 for years. Used to be the best tools for the PAN/SCAN of still pictures. Lack of field rendering and alpha channel support, but still fun.
[www.globfx.com]

also, please look at another product from the same site. Wow... a powerful FLASH generator. a real useful tools to us.

Antonio Hui

Think Different: A set of programs using different approach to due with 3D, video and music. I have full set of their product.

[www.uisoftware.com]

A "Fine Art" product may not easy to use with video production, but it is a good way for train up the imagination, be more creative. I love it. also, merged into some project already.

Antonio Hui

then you'll really love Studio Artist. Quite possiblky the best art tool out there.

[www.synthetik.com]

Mike
Of course, Yes, still have a copy of v1 running on OS9. Although without budget to upgrade, it is still wonderful.

From the original creator, DECK II, another non-forgettable product. But the marketing is not quite well now.
[www.bias-inc.com]

The same case as Painter. It is great tools but...
[www.corel.com]

May Motion will be faded out someday ? Because lack of enough user base, never know. The marketing and price are so great, however, turned out most of us can't use it...

Antonio Hui

ps: next post I will upload some "OLD" example from another passed away program for sharing.

Re: Without Motion ? Marquee
August 13, 2004 03:46AM
Marquee: This one seem to be passed away or already integrated to avid's AVS family and will not sell it as a stand alone product anymore. so miss it.

I learnt it for 3 days than done almost tens of the animations on the following weeks. Very easy to use, all real-time preview as same as the quailty of the ouptut, a truly "What You See What You Get" tools.

here is a sample I done few years ago.
[homepage.mac.com]
Yes, it's need a US$1,000+ OpenGL card to get the performance.

---------

Well, that's my thought about real time graphic from the past.

For the "Motion", still wait the copy from the Apple Online Store.

Happy Sharing
Antonio Hui

Thats very cool Antonio. Thanks for sharing

mike
Re: Without Motion ? MAX
August 13, 2004 04:19AM
Thanks Michael,

In my wish list still have something. My target is write my own real-time program.
I already learnt MAX for years. I guess, is the time for me to do something differently.

(remark: not the 3DMax from discreet, that is an object programming tools for midi)
[www.cycling74.com]
[www.cycling74.com]

That's why I'm always asking could "Motion" be scriptable.

Antonio Hui

For Pan and Scan - actually, for animation or rostrum camera work on photos, try Toon Boom Studio [www.toonboom.com]

works very well with it's "3d" camera.

Graeme
Don't let the tools rule our creative mind, there still have many wonderful things hiding in this world.

Let's enjoy it,
[homepage.mac.com]
The movie is produced by the original programer, Eric Wenger, also the creator of KPT & Bryce.

Without "motion", we can still survive.

Antonio Hui

What is "motion dive"?
... From its first appearance in Japan in 1998, the software "motion dive" has played an important role to spread the hybrid culture of motion graphics and music across the globe. ....

original from:-
[www.digitalstage.net]
let's download the demo, and taste for it.

hmm.... Why apple don't make a demo for "motion" ? So that, people could test the compatibility of their hardware.

Have Fun
Antonio Hui

Someone may have a thought, AfterEffect maybe faded out because of Motion. I don't think so, they are different beast.

Although my last copy of AE is version 4.1 standard, because most of the effect I needed can be done in FCP with Fxscript already, but I will get back to it someday later.

One of the reason is...
[www.profoundeffects.com]
[www.profoundeffects.com]
?An infinite supply of plug-ins?...
... A scriptable plug-in from the original creator of Elastic Reality and Marquee.

Well, that's seem to be the end of my wish list.

Happy Sharing
Antonio Hui

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics