In The Spirit of Motion

Posted by Alex Alexzander 
In The Spirit of Motion
August 15, 2004 04:12AM
Sorry, I know it's not a question or an answer, but since everyone is so jazzed about Motion, I thought I'd make something kinda cute for the occasion.

Cool Alex. Which 3d program did you use??

Graeme
Thank you,

This was done with Cinema 4D 8.2.

-Alex
Looks neat! I guess this is pretty much all we can do on the forum until the darn program actually arrives in our hands and we can start churning out funky stuff with it!!

Graeme
Awesome Alex. Great job

mike
Some people claim to have their copy now. I guess I'll have to wait till some time next week. It's amazing the amount of interest this is drawing. The community for this is growing very quickly. Simply amazing amount of interest in this software.
Thank you!

:-)
Re: In The Spirit of Motion
August 15, 2004 08:12PM
Hi Alex

Yes, that's maybe good enough of time for re-render it as animation too.

Many Thanks !
Antonio Hui

Actually, I built it with animating it mind.

The objects that make this up have a grouping that will lend themselves to animating this fairly easily. The center rod that goes through the disc for example is about 9 objects grouped into a container called, Center Axel.

The disc itself is a group of objects called, Center Disc.

The round tube that surrounds the disc on the most outer edge is a separate object, and the sharp edged ring that goes through either end of the center axel is in a group called, Outer Axel Ring.

So I have 4 basic groups, each of which hold multiple objects. Now all of these groups are held in a single container called, Motion Object.

The motion object can be animated as a whole, thus moving all inside it. In fact, the tilt you see now is a tilt emposed onto the Motion Object itself. I can spin the inner disc for example, independant of the Motion Object, since it is in it's own group.

So animating it is a can-do. If I have more time to play with it, perhaps I will do that. Maybe a sound guy can add the all important sound to it.

:-)
August 16, 2004 06:37AM
Hmm.... I have a Sony BVH2000 (1-inch "C" format) in my office. The machine is wonderful, especially while the 4-inch video head is running, so noise ! Think that's good for the "Motion" animation that's you made.

Antonio Hui

August 16, 2004 08:30AM
...could somebody tell me how to post a .jpeg on the forum? I have been asking about this...
August 16, 2004 08:56AM
The answer is here, UBB code:
[www.nirvana2.com]

Antonio Hui

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics