i MAC 1.6 GHZ or 1.8Ghz for MOTION 2

Posted by gev 
gev
i MAC 1.6 GHZ or 1.8Ghz for MOTION 2
May 29, 2005 12:40AM
looking for users input ON using , "i MAC 1.6 GHZ . How does MOTION 2 performs with this sytem ofcourse with atleast 1.25 GB RAM....pl share ur insights & opinion. will there be any EFFECTIVE performance enhancement if one goes for I MAC 1. 8 GHZ . TIA.

thanks for those who SHARE-gev
Re: i MAC 1.6 GHZ or 1.8Ghz for MOTION 2
May 29, 2005 11:06AM
well what video card?

that is a HUGE component of Motion
A g5 with a 5200 video card (or even a 9600) will be slower then a G4 with a 9800

if you can get a better video card in the 1.6 I would go with that

GET THE BEST CARD YOU CAN

David at Movies Rock in Toronto
[www.tofcpug.com]
gev
May 29, 2005 01:30PM
hai david. thanks for reply. can we change the video card in " I MAC 1.6 or previous gen 1.8 ". what do u think about NEW i MAC 2 GHZ which ATI 128 MB Video card. is that suffice for good Motion performance. TIA.

thanks for those who SHARE-gev
JeffS.
May 30, 2005 10:11AM
I have a similar question posted on other forums. I would have to say that we shoul go with the most powerful iMac we can buy as Motion needs a powerful machine to run DECENTLY. We will definitely not be getting real-time work as that is usually associated with Dual 2.5's with a 256 Radeon XT card and 4 gb of ram. However, no one has done any tests with Motion 2 which I have heard has taken less stress off of the video card and put more onto the ram. I have gotten some heat from that comment though so dont count on it. Anyways, I KNOW the maxed out iMac will run Motion 2 it is just a question of how well. I am heading over to the Apple Store today to ask some questions regarding this so hopefully I will have some definitive answers later today. Have a good day and good luck to you!

-Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics