Muzzle flash & blood effects

Posted by Jeff Brookshire 
Does anybody know how to make realistic muzzle flashes on Motion 2? I am doing a low budget film and have the software and systems but not a clue where to start. That also goes for blood after effects. How can I use a green screen to help me achieve this? I am also willing to include someone skilled as part of the production crew for the film with credit and copy provided. Any help?
Re: Muzzle flash & blood effects
July 16, 2005 10:18AM
Have you ever actually seen someone shot with a bullet? Most setups show blood spurting from every orfice but that isn't reality. The old TV westerns used ketchup but a real focus on a shot from a pistol to striking the human body is grissly at best.
July 16, 2005 08:54PM
Well, my 2¢ is if you don't want your low budget film to lOOK low budget, you should spend a few bucks on a third party After Effects plug-in by DigiEffects called Delerium. There is a DE Muzzle Flash plug-in that makes very real looking muzzle flashes.

[www.digieffects.com]

Peace smiling smiley

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

dina
July 17, 2005 02:44AM
*** POST EDITED by grafixjoe ***

Sorry, Honey...no spammers allowed!!!
I finished a mockumentary in which I had a couple of hunters firing at random into the trees. I used DigiEffects plugin DE Muzzle Flash and it works like a champ! I would suggest checking them out.

Hope this helps

Brett Clark
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics