Files won't open in Motion

Posted by Bill Boletta 
Files won't open in Motion
August 15, 2005 03:56AM
I've been working through some Motion tutorials but several Motion files I saved won't open. Every time I try to open them, Motion crashes.

I repaired my disc permissions on my startup drive and did everything else I could think of, but nothing seems to work. I couldn't find the Motion permissions. I also haven't re-installed Motion--yet.

I'm very discouraged because I just beefed up my computer system. I'm running OS 10.4.2 on a 2Ghz G5 with 5.5 GB of RAM and a brand new NVIDIA Geforce 6800 Ultra graphics card. I also just added a 500 GB Raid configuration.

Could this new configuration of memory-discs-graphics card be causing some problems? I'm really baffled.

I don't know how I can check to see if my Motion files are corrupt. And if they are corrupt, how did they get that way?

Any suggestions about how to trouble shoot this?
Re: Files won't open in Motion
August 15, 2005 04:53PM
I don't think there is any reason adding a kickass video card or big disk would cause corruption within a Motion project.

Doesn't the motion tutorials provide a finished project per chapter to compare to your finished project along the way? If you open one of these and it crashes Motion, then it could be a user login issue. Try accessing Motion and those projects from another user login.

If it is a user problem then trashing preferences would probably do the trick.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics