3D Space

Posted by Rafael 
3D Space
January 30, 2006 03:39PM
Hi there!

I´d like to know how I can create a workspace in a 3D way.
That means:

Imagine a picture layer that is duplicated in a 3D space. Like you see it big in the foreground and some "copies" smaller in the background. And you´re moving through the room. The object in the front becomes larger and disappears, the smaller objects in the distance get closer now and if you move up or down all the objects move correctly.

How can I realize that in Motion? My problem is in general to define the objects in space. Is there any demo project out there?

Thank you!

Rafael

PS: The effect what I mean can be seen here:

[www.apple.com]

Post Edited (01-30-06 14:08)
Re: 3D Space
January 30, 2006 07:59PM
Motion doesn't have z-space. You can try to fake it by scaling layers, but you need After Effects to do what you want.
January 31, 2006 01:38AM
Hmm, so how did they that commercial? Obviously not in Motion :-/
January 31, 2006 02:38AM
Without even mentioning that advertising frequently implies an "embelishment" of facts, one can assume that when Apple portraits someone who uses Motion (or FCP or DVD Studio Pro) they mean AMONG other things.... In the case you mention, it would be completely unthinkable for a specialized motion design studio like Mekanism not to use a combination of After Effects/Combustion and 3D applications... and Motion too.

Motion offers a revolutionary level of ease of use for complex tasks, but there is a lot of what AE does that it doesn't do at all.

While Mark is completely right (no 3D space in Motion), Motion 2 added a few tricks that make it a bit easier to fake perspective than it was before. The Basic 3D filter is one of those filters. At the same time, you have filters like Extrude which offers basic volume simulation, something AE doesn't do at all (if you leave the 3D Invigorator plug-in out of the equation). So each tool has its' strengths.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics