Exporting from Motion.

Posted by JR 
JR
Exporting from Motion.
February 25, 2006 09:34PM
Hello all:

I'm a bit new to Motion, and was curious as to what the best export settings would be for FCP. Specifically, I'm looking for the export settings for a Motion title sequence. There is no video in the background. It's an all white background with text.

This particular project is for a downloadable video, however it may be put onto a DVD later on. Please post how I would go about exporting in high quality (the way I'm doing it now causes it to appear extremely pixley in FCP). I'd like it to be the highest quality; exactly how it appears in Motion.

I'll need you to be very specific, if possible. For example:

Choose File > Export
Kind: QuickTime Movie
Export Preset: DV NTSC Movie
Choose "Options..."
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Exporting from Motion.
February 27, 2006 12:38PM
JR:
Believe it ot not, if what you want is to import your Motion project into FCP, the best option is not exporting anything at all smiling smiley
Let me explain: The Motion > FCP workflow is designed in such a way, that FCP is able to import and use unrendered Motion projects as if they were clips. Just import your Motion project in FCP. FCP will have to render the project in order to play it back in real time, but FCP will use the sequence settings to render it, so quality will be no more no less than the video processing quality of your editing timeline.

As for the pixellated exports from Motion... Quicktime technology has this odd thing, where clips exported using DV codecs appear in Quicktime player in a preview mode. Are you monitoring the results on a video monitor or in a computer screen? Because if the later it's true, you're just looking at as lo rez preview of your clip. Quicktime 7 has a prerference setting to open all movies in high quality mode.

Hope this helps.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics