Render Glitches

Posted by scott 
Render Glitches
March 06, 2006 11:27AM
OK, this is the second time this has happened, luckily i caught it this time before broadcast, although this was hard to miss.

I've been having some serious render glitches when taking my motion project and putting it in a FCP timeline. Such as i was making animated lower thirds for an event and the last 3 seconds of a graphic switched names to a previous graphic. I checked the motion project and it showed nothing of the sort, i changed one thing and re-rendered and it was fine.

Today I had a title slide that i use to go to break that consists of an old book with text on it. Well when FCP rendered it out, it created a mask over 90% of the book area, leaving only the edges of the book and the text, again the motion project was fine and upon re-rendering, everything was fine.

Is this common with Motion? I love the speed and interoperatbility of Motion w/ FCP but i don;t want to have to double check all of my renders when i already RAM previewed in Motion.

Any thoughts?
Re: Render Glitches
March 11, 2006 07:33PM
Well, yes, Motion is making a mistake there , but with the best intentions smiling smiley

When you build a RAM preview, Motion tries to take advantage of those already processed bits to speed up rendering. However, some times it doesn't realize that -for instance- you edited text contents.

Luckily, Motion has an option to flush the RAM preview cache. If you modified your project after doing RAM previews, it could be a good idea to use that option before rendering: go to Mark > RAM preview > Clear RAM preview. Your project then may take longer to render (because it's not taking advantage of already processed segments) but won't make that kind of mistake.
Hope this helps.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Re: Render Glitches
March 12, 2006 10:02AM
ok that makes sense now, altough im not sure if i made a ram preview for this graphic. It was basically a name lowerthird that was built from a template i created and this name was down the list. Does Motion make a ram preview when you play the timeline kind of like how After Effects does?

Anyway, i will be sure to make use of the cache flush more often, thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics