mosaic plugin?

Posted by jenelle 
mosaic plugin?
March 15, 2006 09:03PM
Does anyone know if there is a mosaic plugin for Motion - the kind of effect where many, many images are on screen & move together to create an end image composite - in this case, a logo. If not, any suggestions on where to find a program for broadcast quality 16:9?

thank you

Re: mosaic plugin?
March 16, 2006 11:50PM
Jenelle: I don't fully understand what you need. Please try to explain it a bit more smiling smiley
All the best

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
March 17, 2006 12:57AM
It is similar to these posters that came out a few years back - an image made up of hundreds of smaller images (ie, a famous person's face is on a poster - you look really close and you see that it is actually formed by many, many small images of various objects). I think there were TV spots made like this - where the images came together to form a logo, like IBM. The end result dissolves to the clean logo, but the viewer sees all the many images that goes into it.

Does that clarify?

Thanks

March 17, 2006 01:19AM
Yes, it does clarify. But I don't think is something you do simply by using a plug-in. For simple cases, it's easy: Motion replicators can place (replicate!) series of elements into another element's area. That way, you could place elements inside a bottle, for example. But what you mention is way more sophisticated, because it takes into account the color of the different features on the object you're building (for example, black elements in places where the hair would be on a face, blue colored elements forming the eyes, etc.). We'd have to give it a little more thought. It looks more like sophisticated, custom made FX work, but I could be wrong (as always!).

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics