Can I save my animation?

Posted by Mr. Malcolm 
Can I save my animation?
May 20, 2006 08:18PM
So, I did a ton of work in motion animating a bunch of layers I imported from photoshop. Then I switched back to photoshop Because I forgot to finish one graphic. I saved the file and then went back to motion. Unfortunately, Motion tried to update the ps file I had imported and moved all my layers out of order and out of sync. Is there a wat I can fix this? Will a revert to a previous save fix it?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

"A man that does not reply to his own thread after receiving help truly sucketh."
Re: Can I save my animation?
May 20, 2006 09:56PM
That answer is unclear, depending on why the layers moved after reimporting a Photoshop file. Was the Photoshop file layered originally and that same file was reopened by Photoshop to fix it?

I am not to sure Motion works real well with multiple Photoshop layers??
May 20, 2006 10:45PM
I had photshop file open in motion and was animating it. Meanwhile, I decided make a minor tweak to the same file in PS. I minimized motion, did my work in PS on the same file, Then I saved and closed PS and went back to motion. When I maximized motion it had updated the graphic file and imported the few new layers I had made. It seemed to have bumped all my layers off and re-arranged everything so that it was out of sync. It seemed that some motion paths had been assigned to different layers.

I tried going to the auto save vault, but it was no good. The file was updated and reverting to previous saves didn't change that.

Hope that is a bit more clear.

"A man that does not reply to his own thread after receiving help truly sucketh."
May 21, 2006 01:19PM
Did you somehow "send" the Photoshop file out of Motion? I don't see how editing the original document in Phostshop would interact with Motion - on the fly, so to speak?
May 21, 2006 02:43PM
YEah, I didn't know it would do that either. I didn't send it or anything though. I just had em both open at the same time. ANyway, I'm just going to start over. Thanks for all your help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics