Probably something about audio I should already know

Posted by Mr. Malcolm 
Probably something about audio I should already know
May 27, 2006 02:49PM
Hi!

So this is the first time I've tried using motion for a full on animation project. Everything has been working fairly well aside from one minor annoyance. I imported my audio that I'm aligning with the animation into the audio tab. Then I line it up and get to work. However, every time I close out, my audio disappears when I come back! It's still in my "Media" tab, but not my "audio tab". I then have to re-import it and align it again! This can't be right! How can I keep my audio in my project? Any ideas? I must be doing something wrong. By the way, I'm aligning the audio with a photo shop "jaw" I imported. They're these characters that talk and stuff.

Many thanks for any replies!

"A man that does not reply to his own thread after receiving help truly sucketh."
Re: Probably something about audio I should already know
May 27, 2006 07:00PM
Alright, I figured it out. Before I was trying to import a AIFF directly from sound track pro into the audio tab in motion. From there, I was dragging it onto the timeline as a layer. For some reason this didn't work.

So, instead I exported the original audio from FCP as a quick time conversion AIFF. I imported it into my "media" tab, and then dragged it into the small, horizontal bar that extends out from the various tabs, overlooking the time line (Sorry I don't remember what that bar is called".

Now it stays there. So, problem solved! Thanks!

"A man that does not reply to his own thread after receiving help truly sucketh."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics