Copying keyframes and getting caught up...

Posted by Scott Erickson 
Copying keyframes and getting caught up...
May 31, 2006 05:45PM
This is driving me mad,

Motion, on several different machines now, will get caught up playing the timeline to the point where i can do nothing else, it just keeps playing and playing no matter what. Sometimes, it will eventually stop, other times i've had to forcequit and lose what i hadn't saved. It's very annoying, any ideas why or just a bug?

Also, is there a way to copy-paste key frames like i can in AE? Such as if i key frame a specific text motion, no filters, and then the next day want to add that same keyframed effect to a different layer in a different project, i can;t do it. I can;t copy paste the keyframes from the keyframe editor and paste them in like i assumed i could. I know i can paste behavoirs and filters but not yet the keyframes
Re: Copying keyframes and getting caught up...
May 31, 2006 06:17PM
Copying and pasting keyframes is covered on page 435 in the manual. However, since it's so easy to save your own presets, I find it's faster to save the item you like and then just swap out the text or media. For example, if you make a text animation that you like, just drag the text object into the Favorites folder in the Library. Then in a new project, import the object and change the text, font, etc.

This method applies to anything: particle systems, replicators, shapes, text, graphics, behaviors, filters, etc.

Mark
Re: Copying keyframes and getting caught up...
June 13, 2006 08:54AM
I had the "never-ending" playback problem in Motion and found that with only 2.5 Gigs of RAM and a Graphics card with 64 Mbs of VRAM, the system was working so hard that it couldn't take on another command, i.e. Stop!
With a new card carrying 256 Mbs VRAM and 4.5 Gigs RAM the problem doesn't exist.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics