text on a path?

Posted by Scott Erickson 
text on a path?
June 06, 2006 06:41PM
nevermind

Post Edited (06-07-06 14:20)
Re: Text on a path?
June 06, 2006 06:48PM
Sure it's possible! Go to the Text tab of the Inspector, and click on the Layout pane. Set the Layout Method to Path. Now here's the trick: you need to double-click on the text to go into text mode and see the path. Click again so the text won't be highlighted and you'll see the path with three vertices which you can drag or adjust with bezier handles - just double-click on the path to add another one. You can animate the text along the path by keyframing the Path Offset parameter.

Have fun!
Mark
www.applemotion.net
June 07, 2006 04:20PM
thanks Mark,

i found it on my own afterwards but i guess i deleted my post as you were responding. It took a bit to find that trick to get to the path editor.

Here's my end result...

[www.benscottproductions.com]

The rest of the intro isn;t ready but the text on the path is!
June 07, 2006 04:51PM
Very nice - so how did you do the write-on of the cursive text?
June 07, 2006 05:00PM
One of the Livetype fonts, its a cop-out but very nice looking.

Although its very hard to manipulate those fonts in Motion. Such as the font face color, It comes standard red but i can't change it under text options, only to black. The standard font was red so to get white i had to desaturate, then equalize, and then add bloom for the highlights. Is there a better way?

Additionally, if i add drop shadow or glow, these elements do not write themselves in the way the font face does. I had to duplicate my text and and blur to get a drop shadow on a diff project. Should I just be going into Livetype to add these? I don't know that program but i can always learn...
June 07, 2006 05:11PM
Yes, if you started in LiveType, I would deal with the color, blur, drop shadow all in LT, then maybe add the bloom in Motion.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics