Does motion have a timeline or is it just one clip at a time?

Posted by filmman 
Does motion have a timeline or is it just one clip at a time?
August 07, 2006 01:18PM
I'm trying to get off the ground using Motion. I can drag and drop shots from my external hard drive onto the editor window, but I'm assuming that I can only build one clip at a time.

The important thing is: how to I manage the size of the single element I'm building?

Thanks!
Re: Does motion have a timeline or is it just one clip at a time?
August 08, 2006 01:53AM
Oh, of course it has a timeline (actually, three timelines: a general one, a graph editor for keyframes and animated properties, and an audio specific viewer!). It is in no way limited to one clip.
Motion starts up with a simplified interface, probably to make it less intimidating to begginers. Just click the "Timing" button on the upper right corner and it will reveal the main timeline, and the other panes I mentioned are tabs for that window. There are other, significant windows hidden at first sight too: like the Layers palette, for instance.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Re: Does motion have a timeline or is it just one clip at a time?
August 08, 2006 02:21PM
Motion is a compositing tool. It works in a # of frames mode and is not meant to take it whole clips of over 1 minute. Like After Effects, it composits two or more images together in any fashion you choose and can then add effects to the finished composite.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics