Text changing in FCP

Posted by stevengladney 
Text changing in FCP
September 03, 2006 10:24PM
Hi All,

I've created a project in Motion using text and text effects, but when I import my project into FCP all of my text changes to the default text in Motion (Geneva, I think). I've tried rendering and it still looks the same. I re-open my Motion project, then all of the text is correct. I even exported my Motion project as a .mov file, and all of the text is correct there, just when I drop it into FCP, I get a black background.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I did another Motion project just yesterday using the same font (it was the tail end of my current FCP project) and had no problems what-so-ever. Is there a way I can render the text on each layer so that it doesn't change?

Also, while you guys are at it, can anyone tell me the correct way to export a Motion project so that I have a transparent background? I usually just drop my Motion project directly into FCP to achieve the desired effect, but I'm curious how to do it as an "export" option.

Steven Gladney

Sometimes the obvious is hidden in plain view.
Re: Text changing in FCP
September 03, 2006 10:34PM
> Also, while you guys are at it, can anyone tell me
> the correct way to export a Motion project so that
> I have a transparent background? I usually just
> drop my Motion project directly into FCP to
> achieve the desired effect, but I'm curious how to
> do it as an "export" option.
>
> Steven Gladney

Hello, Steven
You just need to pick the Lossless with Alpha preset in the Export window.
As for your problem, it looks like a font conflict, but I have no idea what you could do about it.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics