RotoScoping: Motion vs. After Effects

Posted by Scott Erickson 
RotoScoping: Motion vs. After Effects
September 29, 2006 05:56PM
Ok, all prior rotoscoping ive done has been in AE, no complaints other than the time consumingness of it all.

I love Motion and would rather do all my graphical work here for its interoperability w/ FCP but after several hours of rotoscoping, im not so happy with it.

Using the Record animation feature, ive been doing some generic roto work but it seem that when i adjust the arms of my vector keyframe points, its backwardly adjusts for frames before it. As in, if i have a long curve on one frame, and then 20 frames later i need that curve to be short, it makes the prior curve short as well, causing the matte to no longer fit over the object.

SO, is this a glitch in Motion or my system? Is there any user error? I don;t have time to swtich to AE and redo everything but i'd like this to look good and not run into this error in future.

Thanks,

=S=
Re: RotoScoping: Motion vs. After Effects
September 29, 2006 06:07PM
Have you tried using B-splines instead of Bezier curves? You can switch one to the other in the Inspector.
Re: RotoScoping: Motion vs. After Effects
October 01, 2006 02:34AM
I think i found out what my issue was...I noticed that it only happened to certain points and that i had done something different to these points than the others...

Later on in the sequence as the shapes changed drastically frame to frame, i got lazy and used the Cmd-Click-Drag function to just draw new bezier arms instread of dragging in the existing ones. This basically reset the prior arms from key frames before, causing the disruptance of my curves.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics