Jerky Render on Text

Posted by Scott Erickson 
Jerky Render on Text
November 03, 2006 12:40PM
OK, trying to make a text element grow out at the viewer but it looks super jerky compared to other non-text elements, not sure what is going on. I tried applying the effect to a container layer and not directly but that didn't help. I could make the text in photoshop and import as rasterized but then the drop shadow effect look bad, any ideas? Mark? Someone?

here's a grab of my project file
[www.benscottproductions.com]

and here's a sample of the clip
[www.benscottproductions.com]
it doesn;t come across super well compressed but it sure looks like crap on my broadcast monitor
Re: Jerky Render on Text
November 03, 2006 12:43PM
Looks like your filters are exceeding the size limitation of your graphics card - you could try turning on fixed resolution for the containing layer.
Re: Jerky Render on Text
November 03, 2006 02:25PM
Nope, just tried that and no major change, still jerky and popping back and forth.

I thought it could be the font since its one i just downloaded but that doesn;t effect it, i even took off the grow/shrink effect and keyframed it and the motion is totally crappy. So then i narrowed it down to the effects. Turns out the bloom filter was causing it. Apparantly, even with an amount level set to zero, it still creates a nice brightening effect, basically bold-ing the font, so i dragged it out to the end.

Anyway, now i have it come to zero but then i have to end the effect on the next frame to make it go away completely and not affect the motion render.

If Motion had a way to put a faux bold on text, i could have avoided this. Or if Bloom just didn't affect Motion renders, that would work too

Note, I found that having the brightness up, even if bloom amount is set to zero, still affects it the brightness, nuetral brightness is actually set at 50, so i have to keyframe that to make a smooth transition
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics