Motion files into FCP

Posted by Philip Ohler 
Motion files into FCP
January 16, 2007 04:27PM
When I import motion files into FCP and load them in the viewer I can never see them but they're there because I can edit them into the timeline. FCP 5.1.1. Anyone else seen this behavior?
Re: Motion files into FCP
January 16, 2007 04:32PM
Yes. It's always like that.
January 17, 2007 09:31AM
Tom,

Do you mean because they are not in Quicktime format that they can't be seen on the timeline? What is the native format of Motion files then?
January 31, 2007 11:11AM
I'm having a similar problem. I've created a project in motion and saved it, but when I go to import to FC I get a message that says: "File Error: 1file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unkown."

I've tried to import two ways: From the File - Import button in FC. And by grabbing the Icon in the title bar of the motion project and dropping into FC browser bin. I have done this successfully before so I don't get why this is happening all of a sudden.

The only way I've been able to work with my Motion project is by exporting it which saves it as a QT movie and then importing it into FC. But this is very inefficient because every time I need to adjust it, I have to open Motion, make the changes, export as a QT and then import into FC.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks
January 31, 2007 01:07PM
Shelley,

Trashing prefs worked for me.

library>Preferences>com.apple.motion.plist

Cameron Young
January 31, 2007 02:33PM
Thanks, I'll try that.

Livetype is acting screwy also. Are there prefs to trash for Livetype? If so where do I find them?

Thanks,
February 03, 2007 08:44PM
Found the LiveType Plist and trashed it. All FCS programs seem to be working well. Which reminds me that I should back up in FCP Rescue right?

By the way, when I use FCP Rescue, In never see the four files in the trash -- Just one folder with unrecognizable info - which makes me wonder if the FCP Rescue is actually trashng the preferences.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics