Select by Word

Posted by Scott Erickson 
Select by Word
March 07, 2007 03:46PM
Ok, this should be easy. i want text to write itself typewriter style but by word, not by letter.

So i use sequence in from left and modify select to Word but then it loses the whole starting from blank to filling itself in that seleft All had, and instead only sequences in and out the area it has selected currently, the other areas stay up all the time.

Nothing else changed besides select, why does it now sequence part of the text whlie the rest is full as opposed to sequencing in from nothing to full. The type on behavior doesnt have any good controls either...

I mean, i can work around this using Type On in the Text-Format but there should be a way to do this in behaviors....
Re: Select by Word
March 07, 2007 04:57PM
By default, the sequence text behavior animates TO the value you choose for the parameter you choose, then BACK again to it's default state. When you change the selection to ALL, then it animates FROM the value you choose to it's default state.

That's what you see happening when you changed the selection to WORD. You need change the sequencing to Custom, then keyframe the new parameter that appears from -100% to 0.
March 07, 2007 06:59PM
Not sure what you mean by custom, Traversal or Select? What paramenter to animate? Location, Start, end, the actual paramenter im sequencing?

I tried all of these to no avail and got nothing...
March 07, 2007 07:04PM
Change the Traversal parameter to Custom, then animate the Location parameter from -100% to 0%.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics