Export using Compressor crashing Motion

Posted by chad haberstroh 
Export using Compressor crashing Motion
July 17, 2008 11:29AM
Motion 2.1.2

This problem surfaced this morning. When using the command+shift+e command to export from Motion using Compressor, Motion crashes. Every time. Was fine yesterday and have not done any software updates since. Can export directly out of Motion (but need to do a batch). Trashed Motion and Compressor prefs and repaired permissions. Compressor fires up on its own just fine.

Help?
Re: Export using Compressor crashing Motion
July 18, 2008 12:01PM
Does the export command from the menus do the same - File-Export-etc?

I don't ever remember using Export to Compressor from Motion 2???
July 18, 2008 12:14PM
Yeah, menu command crashes it too.

I'm often using Motion to create multiple lower thirds for a project and thus use Compressor for batch exports. I've been advised that it could be an issue of QT 7.5 not playing nice, though the QT update was done last week and I've been using Motion daily since without a problem until yesterday. Export Using Compressor out of FCP works fine.

Nobody I've talked to seems to have experienced this problem. Reinstalling Motion is my next step I guess.
July 18, 2008 12:34PM
Before you reinstall, try trashing your prefs
July 19, 2008 12:32PM
Perhaps QT 7.5 is not compatible with Motion 2? Since this started after you updated QT, perhaps it's time to use Pacifist to go back to the original version you used?

We are talking about FCP 5.04 or FCP 5.1.4 with Motion 2 here, aren't we?
July 21, 2008 09:49AM
Thanks John. Reverted back to QT 7.4.5 with Pacifist on Friday. No dice. I suppose I could keep moving backwards in QT and try to find a version that plays nice again. Also reinstalled Motion and Compressor and that didn't help either. I'm truly at a loss.

Yeah, FCP 5.1.4 and Motion 2 on OSX 10.4.11.
July 21, 2008 10:43AM
All I know is that Compressor is very tightly tied to Quicktime. As a matter of fact Compressor is simply a GUI interface that directly controls Quicktime. I have a copy of 5.1.4 running on leopard using QT 7.4.5 and i will try this export on a G4 dual 1.0 computer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics