export an animation to studio pro

Posted by David Fernandez 
export an animation to studio pro
March 30, 2009 07:51AM
I have created an animation in motion with some drop zones. When I import this animation in studio pro and try to drag it into the menu editor, it doesn´t respect
these drop zones. I can only drag it like a background.

Is there any way to keep these drop zones in studio pro?
Re: export an animation to studio pro
March 30, 2009 08:54AM
No - it doesn't work that way. But if you add the Motion project to DVDSP and apply it as a menu, you can use the Open in Editor command (right-click it in the Assets tab) to open the project in Motion and add content to your drop zones there.
drop zones in motion
March 30, 2009 01:54PM
Thanks for your answer Mark, I´ve got another question:

In motion when you add a content to a drop zone (a quicktime movie for example) always appear the first frame of the movie. I would like to choose the frame just the same way you can do in Studio Pro with drop zones, is that possible in motion?

Thanks a lot
Re: drop zones in motion
March 30, 2009 09:22PM
David,

A dropzone is just a graphic. So you are just replacing the graphic with your movie - it's just as if you had added a movie to your project. So you would trim it in the normal manner: in the mini-Timeline, trim the head to where you want, then drag back to the start (there IS a way to ripple-delete like FCP but this is easier).
best way to export
March 31, 2009 07:23AM
Thank you again Mark, but I´m afraid I´ve got another question:

I´d like to know the best way (highest quality) to export my project from motion to Studio Pro. Its duration is 35 seconds and I´ll use it like a dvd menu

Thank you very much and congratulations, this forum is very useful
Re: best way to export
March 31, 2009 08:43AM
The best way is to not export at all. Just import the Motion project itself into DVDSP and apply it as a menu. And if you want to make a change, right-click on it in the Assets tab and choose Open in Editor. Motion opens, and any changes you make are automatically updated in DVDSP. Just like embedding Motion projects in Final Cut Pro.

You might want to check applemotion.net and look around for some free tutorials or check out the full trainings.
Re: best way to export
April 01, 2009 02:14AM
Thanks a lot Mark, I have checked applemotion.net and it is really interesting
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics