Match Move an Emitter?

Posted by John K 
Match Move an Emitter?
April 07, 2009 05:54PM
I have emitters that are not responding to motion tracking.

I have a smoke and fire emitters over a guy's hand, and I've applied 'Analyze Motion' to the clip to track the hand as he shakes it out. I've tried applying 'Match Move' to both the emitters and the isolated groups they're in, but no matter what the emitters will not follow the analyzed motion path of the hand.

FWIW I only have the Analyze Motion behavior starting halfway through the clip, as I didn't need to start tracking the hand while it's stationery, so the corresponding Match Move command starts halfway through the emitters as well.

JK

April 07, 2009 06:34PM
Follow-up: I can even manually keyframe the sucker! If I try to change Position settings on the Fire emitter it won't move. It just wants to stick in one place.

Weird. Glitch?

April 08, 2009 02:54PM
You might want to watch this to see if you are doing it correctly:

[homepage.mac.com]

Post back.
Re: Match Move an Emitter?
April 08, 2009 04:44PM
Hey Mark,

Thanks for that link, learned a lot more about the tracker options!

My initial 'Analyze' behavior was not the issue, I was able to get a decent track on the motion of the hand. What finally worked for me is that I had to adjust the 'Attach to Emitter' slider under the Cell Controls. The default was 0, so by setting it to 100 it finally snapped to the motion path.

That slider doesn't appear on all the Emitters (I was using 'Campfire') and the ones without cell controls seem to keyframe their position just fine. But if it has that slider and you leave it at 0 then the darned thing just won't move.

JK

April 09, 2009 10:50AM
Cool - thanks for posting your solution.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics