Rulers not appearing

Posted by shelleyrae 
Rulers not appearing
May 07, 2009 09:21AM
This is driving me crazy. I can't see my rulers no matter what I do. I went to the Motion preferences and set them the ruler color to red (my background is black). Open the project, turn on "show overlays" and "rulers". I see the rulers on the top and left but when I click to pull a line for lining up it doesn't show up. When I try to drag a line onto my project to line stuff up I see the nodule in the ruler itself and I can see that move as I drag that but it appears that the ruler line is behind the canvas. It doesn't even appear in gray workspace area. I double checked preference to make sure it is set to red and it is.

I once had a problem with the dynamic guides not appearing and had to reinstall Motion. I'm hoping to avoid that if possible.

Thanks,
Shelley

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Re: Rulers not appearing
May 07, 2009 10:44AM
Do you mean you can't see the guides that you create by dragging out from the rulers, or that you can't see the actual rulers themselves along the top and left edges when you turn them on under the View pop-up menu?

Either way, have you check that all the appropriate items are turned on under the View pop-up menu at the far right of the Canvas?

And have you tried trashing your preferences file?

1) Quit Motion.
2) Navigate to User/Library/Preferences.
3) Locate com.apple.motion.plist and delete it.
Re: Rulers not appearing
May 07, 2009 03:09PM
I trashed the pref file and I can see them now. Thanks a lot!

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics