Viewing Motion Projects on External Monitor

Posted by shelleyrae 
Viewing Motion Projects on External Monitor
August 21, 2009 01:50PM
I've never been able to view my Motion projects on my external monitor while working in Motion. Once I bring the project into FC, however, I can see it on the external monitor. I have the ATI Radeon HD 3870 graphics card. My set up is Mini DV deck to computer, Panasonic CT2010Y monitor to deck.

Why can't I see my Motion Projects on the external monitor while I'm actually working in Motion application?

One other thing that's frustrating is while I'm working in FC, I lose viewing capabilities on the external monitor a lot. I constantly have to reset "View All Frames" (view - external monitor - all frames). I'm not sure what's happening that the viewing all frames keep defaulting back to "off"

Thanks in advance for shedding some light.

Shelley

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Re: Viewing Motion Projects on External Monitor
August 24, 2009 11:16PM
In Motion did you set the preferences to view on the external monitor?
Re: Viewing Motion Projects on External Monitor
September 06, 2009 05:31PM
I didn't know that had to be set in Motion so I just changed the viewing options in Motion Preferences and now I can see my Motion project on the external monitor. What a treat.

Now... do you have any idea why when I'm working in FC, I lose viewing capabilities on the external monitor? I constantly have to reset "View All Frames" (view - external monitor - all frames). I'm not sure what's happening that the viewing all frames keep defaulting back to "off" periodically throughout my project. When I first open FC I have to go to View All Frames. Then as I'm working in the project it periodically defaults back to "off"

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics