missing content

Posted by Moonface 
missing content
August 31, 2009 07:18PM
Some of the items in the Motion Library have gone disconnected. Folders like Content, Shapes, Gradients, Particle Emitters show 0 items. I checked on the hard drive they appear to be lurking there. That is to say i see them in the motion folder, in the library, in places like Content>Lines (I am looking for arrows). They are not grayed back. I have looked through the help pages, and they guide me to File>Reconnect Media, but that option is grayed back.

Is there a trick to reconnecting, or do I need to reinstall, or....?

For the record, I don't use Motion all that much, and this is the first time I have opened it since acquiring a new Mac Pro. When I set up the new machine, I imported all my applications and settings from the old G5. Everything else has been functioning splendidly.

(I have trashed the plist)

Mikey

Studio 2 (FCP 6.0.6)
Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xenon
OS 10.5.8
6 GB Memory
www.moonfacemedia.com
Re: missing content
August 31, 2009 11:04PM
First, you don't have anything in the Search field, do you?

If not, not sure you can just move everything from a PowerPC machine to an Intel machine - I'd suggest a reinstall.
August 31, 2009 11:33PM
Naw, the search field is empty. The frustrating part is I can see the missing files on the hard drive. I can't find a way to relink. I am trying to avoid a reinstall and all that lost time, but will do so if necessary. Maybe if I click my heels 3 times and ask real nice they will come back.eye rolling smiley

Everything else from the transfer is working swell.

Mikey
September 01, 2009 06:51AM
I had the same problem and just reset the Motion media folder location in general preferences and that brought everything right back. You've probably tried this but just thought I'd mention it.
September 02, 2009 07:05PM
Actually, I had not tried this yet. And it worked swell, actually. Thanks an actual heap.

Mikeysmileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics