Can't view any imported video or still images in Motion 4 canvas -- it's black.

Posted by stewartm 
Can't view any imported video or still images in Motion 4 canvas -- it's black.
September 18, 2009 07:02PM
Hi,

I'm a new Motion 4 user. No matter what video or still images I import into a project, my canvas remains black. I am, however, able to see a wireframe outline of where the video / picture should be situated on the canvas. I am also able to hear audio in the timeline. I can also preview the picture when the file is selected in the browser. However, when I look at the project and see the file's I've important, the little preview window is empty, with the checkerboard background, as if it doesn't recognize the picture. I have checked to make sure I'm viewing RGB, instead of Alpha, and I've also trashed the pref and cache files. I'm running an external 23 inch cinema display but I've also disabled that to no avail. No matter what I import I'm simply looking at a black canvas.

I've searched around the threads quite a bit but haven't found a solution yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Sincerely,
Stewart
Re: Can't view any imported video or still images in Motion 4 canvas -- it's black.
September 18, 2009 10:07PM
Might be a conflict with some plugin - are you running an older version of FxFactory?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics