Layers window: Check mark greyed out...

Posted by xavpil 
Layers window: Check mark greyed out...
May 07, 2010 01:19PM
It's been happening a few times when I do a certain type of clicking (dble, triple?... Not sure). The Check mark of the layers which is usually blue to tell it's active, turns grey and becomes inactive when I do this mysterious click combination...
How do I get it back to active blue?
Re: Layers window: Check mark greyed out...
May 07, 2010 01:41PM
I am assuming that your scrub-line is over the element in question. If not then i may be telling you some abc stuff here.

If the scrub-line is at say 5s in a 10s motion sequence but you have an element that comes in @ 2s and out@4s then the scrub-line is not over the element and in your layers tab it will be inactive.

The other one i can think of is is you right click on a layer you will see a menu that has the choices Active, Solo, and Isolate. If you accidentally right clicked and moved your mouse 40pixels or so then you could have deselected Active.

Hope that helps.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
May 07, 2010 09:47PM
Option-clicking the Activation checkbox of a layer will solo the layer - turning off all other layers. Option clicking it again will bring the others back on. If you can't tell which layers have been solo'ed, select them all, go under the View menu, and select Active - there is probably a dash next to it, indicating some layers are active, some are not.
January 19, 2011 12:11PM
Hey Mark
Never got a chance to reply to your answer.... to THANK YOU!!!
You don't know how that thing's been driving me nuts for months!!! (years?.....)

Xavier
May 03, 2011 10:09AM
Hey guys

Ive read Xaviers problem and Im having something similar. I have a group of rushes that I have saved from FCP as Motion projects in my root directories. Ive then dragged them into my Canvas thus creating a new group in my Layers and Timeline Tab. Problem is, none of the clips are visible when played back

So just to head the indians off at the pass:
i) The group is the top group in the list so should take preference in visibility
ii) The activation checkbox in the Timeline and on the Layers Tab is grey with a little delete icon in it instead of the blue box with a tick, it isnt solo and the active option hasnt been deselected

Any idea what the problem could be?

Cheers
Lee
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics