interlacing issue

Posted by Benjamin Meyer 
interlacing issue
October 22, 2010 03:22PM
Okay, here's another question. I am finding that when I lay a Motion project file into the sequence, I get bad interlacing when objects move in the frame, whereas when I export out of Motion, and bring the "baked" file into FCP, I don't. This is strange to me, because whereas my Motion project is set to lower-field dominance and the same NTSC-DV resolution as my FCP sequence, my baked export is at Apple ProRes 4444 with Alpha. So, you would think the exports would be less compatible with my sequence than the Motion file.

Is there a reason for this? Is there a setting I can change in my Motion project file that will get rid of this interlacing?

Thanks!
Re: interlacing issue
October 22, 2010 06:37PM
Final Cut Pro sometimes incorrectly detects the field dominance of a clip and erroneously places a Shift Fields filter onto it. Make sure FCP is not adding a Shift Fields filter to your Motion project.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
October 24, 2010 04:33PM
Although FCP may incorrectly interpret the field order, I have never seen it "place a Shift Fields filter" onto it. That would surprise me if it were the case. Are you sure about this?
October 24, 2010 04:35PM
It's happened to me more times than I can count, although I can't recall whether or not it occurred with embedded Motion projects.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
October 25, 2010 03:02PM
No Shift Fields filter present. And, for that matter, adding the filter doesn't seem to change the issue at all.

I also get interlacing issues on all of my pushes and wipes. I've always gotten those, and just taken them for granted, but now I am wondering if it is related.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics