Newbie Motion 4

Posted by bsanderson 
Newbie Motion 4
March 13, 2011 01:38PM
I have a project I have 5 sets and am doing the 3d camera slid thru.

seems simple in the tutorials.

but all sets have same background.

do I have to put same background in each set so the sets do not show thru on 3d canvas?

Seems to do that now.

is there a better ways to have sets and same background? I have bottom layer as background for all sets on top, like if it was a photoshop
project would work fine. but 3d camera shows all sets thru at once.

suggestions.

thanks
bill
Re: Newbie Motion 4
March 14, 2011 10:49PM
Put your background in a 2D group at the root level. 2D groups at the root are not affected by cameras (or lights).
March 27, 2011 02:46PM
I Have FCS 2 and motion 3 was installed...I was working on a project, I had all the footage on an external Hard Drive. I gave the External Hard Drive to a buddy to clean up project..he had FCS3 including Motion4 and offered me the upgrade...I said ok..I took it home to install it and realized I didnt have the Necessary Hardware (intel proc) to upgrade..I remember him saying "once I open this footage from FCP 7 it changes it and you wont be able to go back and open with your 6.0.6...

After aborting the upgrade I realize when I try to open my Motion 3 and the templates a window pops up saying "These templates were created by Motion 4" and it crashes..

So I tried to reinstall the motion 3 package and a window pops up, I should mention, I was so frustrated I threw Motion3 icon in the trash..and a new window says

Motion 3 could not be installed on this computer (followed by)Could not find specific message for index 0

Can anyone help me reinstall motion 3 or tell me what I can do to get it back up and running?

Brian-
April 14, 2011 04:17AM
Start from scratch. Uninstall all of FCS

[www.digitalrebellion.com] I have had to do this a few times and this program seems to work best.
April 28, 2011 02:45PM
Thanks so much for the good.

There are currently updating the website. ????? on Face Book Face Book and the personal communication with co-gang ????? always
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics