Some FAQs for Motion 5

Posted by Dolores 
Some FAQs for Motion 5
July 04, 2011 07:54AM
Here are a few helpful Q&A's about Motion 5. I found them at the Digital Rebellion website.

[www.digitalrebellion.com]

Important Motion FAQ

Q: Is there Motion and audio content like in previous versions?
A: Yes, but it is not installed by default. You need to launch Final Cut Pro X and go to Final Cut Pro > Download Additional Content.
IMPORTANT: Even if you don't need the content, I recommend doing this so that you have access to Final Cut Pro X's codecs.

Q: Can I open my old Motion projects in Motion 5?
A: Yes. You will be prompted to upgrade the project (not recommended) or open it as an untitled project (recommended) in order to save it under a different name.

Q: Are Motion 5 and Compressor compatible with Final Cut Pro 7?
A: Neither Send to Motion nor Send to Compressor work with the newer versions, however they both function as independent applications so you can still use them separately.
You cannot embed Motion 5 projects on a Final Cut Pro 7 timeline (it displays a message about missing media, even if you only add generators to the project) but you can export a QuickTime movie and bring it into FCP7. Also note that Motion 5 projects are not compatible with Motion 4 and there is no way to downgrade them.

Q: Do I need to buy Motion 5 in order to use third-party plugins?
A: Although FxPlug 2.0 plugins use Motion's rendering engine, you do not need Motion 5 installed on the system in order to use them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics