Cats and Dogs and STP

Posted by craig seeman 
Cats and Dogs and STP
June 01, 2005 11:52PM
Check the Cat Meow sound in STP. Sounds like a Dog Whine to me. Was at SMPTE Editor show in NYC today and spoke to Apple's Don Peebles about this. He opened STP and checked. Sure 'nuff it sounds like a Dog Whine.

I mean this is simply egregious!

Like I'm sitting in my edit room working on a project and my cat walks in. I'd thought I'd amuse him by playing the Cat Meow, not having listened to it myself. He was not amused! Unfortunately I didn't have STP in record when I made a nifty sound as his claws when into my arm. Lost the opportunity for a great sample there.
Re: Cats and Dogs and STP
June 02, 2005 03:14AM
I asked at Sound Ideas about it a while ago (the effect is from the Wild World of Animals set from SI) as I used that effect (which is listed as a Cat Meow on the CD) as it SORTA sounds like (to the producers at least) a small dog or a REALLY deep cat (hey to me it sounds like a cat, well at least my cat sounds like that) and yes it was a cat they recorded for the sound so. . .

what I am disapointed about is all the new SFX included with STP I HAVE ALREADY (well having 300 SFX cd's will do that)

AH well

David at Movies Rock in Toronto
[www.tofcpug.com]
Re: Cats and Dogs and STP
June 07, 2005 09:04PM
<<I'd thought I'd amuse him by playing the Cat Meow, not having listened to it myself. He was not amused!>>

LOL reading this post I decided to play that clip for my cat. He went berserker! I'm not sure if he thought it was a cat or a dog (sounds like a small dog to me,) but he was sniffing around behind my system for a while trying to find the source.

- Justin Barham -
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics