exporting a track.... too much audio...

Posted by jimmyjimmelson 
exporting a track.... too much audio...
January 15, 2006 09:59AM
when I export audio from soundtrack..... It captures all the time on timeline that is present.... the track maybe 3 minutes long.... but it will capture 6 minutes. it will have 3 minutes of silence..capturing the full timeline.

just starting with soundtrack pro.
did you set the marker for the end of the song at 6 minutes?

The export will run the entire length of the document to the marker if there is one. if not it goes to the last clip in the document.

do you have an effect like delay on one of the tracks?
if so you may be hearing the time it takes to stop ringing.
Re: exporting a track.... too much audio...
January 15, 2006 11:16AM
yes I've put a marker at the end of the track and an end of song marker. it still captures the entire timeline.... when I did it to the first two tracks I made it worked fine.. later it started doing this.

the way i'm editing it.... i recorded into soundtrack a tape. 30 minutes or so. then I cut it up into tracks. And now i'm trying to export each edited track.

are you sure there isnt a pice of audio out at 6 minutes on the track you are dealing with?

also what is the length when you export a Mix instead of a track?
January 16, 2006 10:19AM
when I cut a portion of the track and move it down to another track the icon changes from the aiff icon to a speaker icon.... i think that means something

what
January 16, 2006 10:21AM
I don't think that means anything. I woulkd look for either an effect you have applied or a piece of audio set farther out that you aren't seeing.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics