Recording Audio to STPro using mBox

Posted by bettydove 
Recording Audio to STPro using mBox
January 01, 2007 06:15PM
I am using STPro 1.1 and mBox. ST Pro recognizes the mBox, but in the Recording window, the gain is greyed out, and I cannot record. Huh! Same thing happens with FC Pro. Thanks, bD*
Re: Recording Audio to STPro using mBox
January 02, 2007 09:17AM
If you open the System Preferences and choose SOUND! - Do you find the MBox as an option for sound input?
January 02, 2007 08:34PM
Thanks for your response. Yes, the input tab in System Preferences is set to the mBox, and Sound Track Pro recognizes it in the the recording window. I can hear the tapes on headphones out of the mBox, but the meters show no activity in the recording window in ST Pro. bD*
January 02, 2007 09:42PM
Do you have a track selected (armed for recording) in the timeline or the mixer in which to do the recording?

Dave
January 02, 2007 10:15PM
Thanks, Dave, yes, the track is red compared with the other tracks and seems armed appropriately. I am using a Powerbook G4 with 2 GB RAM and OS X 10.4.8. bD*
January 04, 2007 05:40PM
OK Betty I hooked up a microphone to my Tascam FW-1082 control surface & tried to see if I could duplicate the problem you are having. If I armed the track but did not also switch the record button on the transport controls at the bottom of the timeline into record mode, I didn't get any levels on the meters. With the record button selected in the transport meters worked & recording was fine.

In FCP as you are probably aware you can only record using the Voiceover tool.

Dave
January 06, 2007 02:08AM
Thanks Dave, I will try it. Will get back once I get my mBox set up again. bD*
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics