Thanks Mike for creating this forum

Posted by David Slater 
David Slater
Thanks Mike for creating this forum
May 05, 2005 10:18PM
Thanks Mike for creating this new forum
From what I have seen from the quicktours and Murch's video on it, this is going to be big

DAVE
Re: Thanks Mike for creating this forum
May 06, 2005 09:13AM
We are all looking forward to this awesome new audio application. As I stated earlier, the noise reduction feature alone makes this worth $300.

Now, when is the FCP Studio shipping??
May 06, 2005 02:44PM
I can't wait for this. It's something I've been hoping for for a long time. This was Apple's real star of NAB 2005, IMHO.

I've been wanting to better my post audio skills for a while, but jumping into Pro Tools etc. is costly, and intimidating.

- Justin Barham -
May 06, 2005 08:09PM
Also, I'm trying out the "Float to top" feature of this forum software. Meaning, active threads are always at top of forum. However if it slows the forum down too much, I'll lose it.

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 06, 2005 08:14PM
<<I'm trying out the "Float to top" feature of this forum software.>>

I like that. This is the only forum I use who doesn't do that. It's confusing.

- Justin Barham -
May 06, 2005 08:22PM
Yeah, but on busy forums like the Cafe, it really slows things down as the software looks through the database. And I've never like it much to tell you the truth. Pushes new posts way down the page and they often get lost especially if thread is long.

Michael Horton
-------------------
This is definately the part of the new upgrrade that interests me most. One of the things that I appreciate is the ability to label the tracks. They went the extra distance of not only giving us an area to descibe content, but supplied a set of icons, so that see at a glance whether a dialogue track contains male or female dialogue or what sort of sound effects a track includes.

Of course being able to clean up the dialogue tracks without gaving to go to a third party app like soundsoap is terrific. The other feature I've been looking forward to for some time is the external control of the mixerrs faders. Hopefully there will be something more compact than the Makie & Tascam mixers that seem to be currently approved.

Dave
May 07, 2005 03:51PM
Any mixers that support the Mackie protocol or whatever its called will work with STP. Obviously Mackie, Tascam and Yamaha are the big three but there are others

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 07, 2005 04:06PM
the MCU has the best support for the Mackie Control Protocol (it is a Makcie product after all) as well as being the most expanadable and very affordable
PLUS you can then chose a better audio interface then the one that comes with the Tascam or Yamaha mixers)

David at Movies Rock in Toronto
[www.tofcpug.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics