will Digidesign 02 rack work with STP

Posted by RRKPL 
will Digidesign 02 rack work with STP
June 12, 2005 07:18AM
Can the Digidesign 02 rack work as an I/O device with soundtrack pro? If so what drivers are needed for 10.4.1. I know we can't us the 02 rack with tiger and pro tools yet. It would be great if we could use the 02 for voice overs in soundtrack rather than having to buy an additional input device

Thanks,

Richard
Re: will Digidesign 02 rack work with STP
June 12, 2005 02:11PM
How is the 02 connected? BY Firewire or a PCI card.? STP uses the Mackie (MTU?) protocol for controlling, I believe.
June 12, 2005 03:55PM
it should be able to one Digi updates there Core audio driver (I am waiting on Digi as well, my 002R is collecting some dust on it GRRRRR)

BTW John the 002R is a rack mountable FW audio interface not a control surface
the 002 console (the model with faders) can't be used to control STP (or most other programs) as Digi locks it into working only with their programs

David at Movies Rock in Toronto
[www.tofcpug.com]
June 12, 2005 04:14PM
OH!

OK!

I am using a MOTU 986HD for that same use then.
June 12, 2005 10:43PM
ya the 002R is like a Motu 828 (which is what I should have gotten but since I knew PT I went with the 002R GRRRR)

[www.tofcpug.com]
June 12, 2005 11:13PM
Well I guess the best workflow in the meantime is to record the voice overs on Pro Tools and then import the wave files into Soundtrack Pro and add the music and effects. I was wanting to replace the G4 on that workstation with a G5 and do the voice overs right to Soundtrack but I guess I'll have to wait till Digi supports Tiger.

Thanks for the helpful info. By-the-way. When the drivers come out for the 002R will it just be plug-and-play into soundtrack or will one have to sacrafice a chicken or some other arcane thing to make it work. I got my US2400 24 automated fader control surface working with STP with no problems.

Richard
June 24, 2005 04:25PM
BTW it will now work as DIGI has released the PT LE 6.9.2 update for Tiger

[www.tofcpug.com]
The 002 can be used as a stand alone mixer. Could the optical port be used to get audio to the computer?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics