lg
Multi track recording at same time from external source
June 20, 2005 07:52PM
I have the Motu 828 interface which is a firewire audio interface for capturing multiple tracks at the same time.
I have downloaded the latest firmare from their website for this unit.
Question: Is it possible to record multiple tracks from an externat source (Motu 828) into Soundtrack Pro?
At the Record meter section, when I click on to select the input source, I see all 8 tracks, but it will only let me select only 1 of the 8 tracks.
Also, in the timeline (area) of the different 1 thru 8 , you can only slect only 1 record channel at a time. It will not let you select mulitiple tracks to record simultaneously.
Question? is there any way around this problem or will I need to forget it and go for the Logic Express program in order to record multiple channels simultaneously?

Re: Multi track recording at same time from external source
June 20, 2005 08:52PM
no you can't record multiple tracks at the same time
yes you would need Logic express to record 8 tracks (or Garageband 2)

David at Movies Rock in Toronto
[www.tofcpug.com]
June 21, 2005 09:05AM
I think GarageBand is fully capable of being used as a multitracking application for content to be used in STP. Logic is really hard to learn and getting started is a major barrier to production. If you like Logic, then fine, but most new users are going to be massively confused for the first six weeks and GarageBand is up and running in a matter of minutes.

You can record up to 8 tracks at a time in GB and the Digital Signal Processing capabilities of GB and STP are virtually the same.

I have the MOTU 896HD interface which GB can use for recording and playback.
June 22, 2005 07:05AM
the trouble with using GB 2 (and it is only a small problem) is that you need to mute each track and bounce seperate files to get seperate AIFF's
also you can you only record at 16bit 44.1Khz and STP can handle 24 bit 96Khz (sorta like DV VS 8 bit UC in video)

[www.tofcpug.com]
hello,I'm relatively new to recording,although i have been recording very rough demos with garage band,i would like to know what equipment i would need to record multiple tracks.Help woould be greatly appreciated.Thanks!
Jeremy Weller
July 14, 2005 04:55PM
using GB2 you can record upto 8 seperate inputs so you would need a I/O device that has multiple input.
many Maudio products have multiple inputs (some have 4 some have 8 others have 10+)
Motu also has devices which multiple inputs

what is your budget and how many inputs do you need

[www.tofcpug.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics