FCP to STP as stereo track

Posted by thomas 
FCP to STP as stereo track
August 04, 2005 04:55AM
Hello everyone! I sent my edited FCP sequence to STP and noticed that the sound of the videoclips shows up in STP as two seperate tracks, even though I linked the sound to stereo pairs in FCP. A song .aiff I added to the sequence shows up as one stereo track though. I there a way to combine the two tracks to one stereo track? I know I could send it to a bus but that way I loose all the keyframes. Or a way to get my sound edit from FCP to STP stereo tracks?
Thanks!
t
Re: FCP to STP as stereo track
August 06, 2005 10:06AM
You would want to keep the two tracks throughout the edit process for control abilities but after exporting the sequence as a .mov file, the audio content of the .mov file should be an interleved .aiff file.

Linking two tracks in FCP doesn't make then a stereo pair, just two linked audio tracks. The final output process is what is going to define the audio in terms of left-right/panning, etc.
August 06, 2005 10:29AM
So (if I got that right) it depends on how I captured the clips if audio would show up in STP as stereo or mono? Is there no way to modify the clips audio so I get stereo in STP? I have an edited sequence of 20 minutes with lots of clips in them that need audio level individually adjusted and fades from one clip to the next. Having two mono instead of one stereo track basically means double the work in STP ... Any help greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
t
August 06, 2005 11:24AM
What I am trying to say is that there is no need for an interleaved stereo file within FCP or STP. The interleaved (stereo) is a product of the final output.

You need seperate tracks in FCP or STP to exert keyframe control over (as you properly stated)

As another example - if you had 12 audio tracks in your FCP 5 project; there would be no stereo involved. At mixdown time or project export in FCP, you would choose to output to one .aiff audio file which is interleaved.

Hope that makes sense--
August 06, 2005 11:57AM
Hm, I guess I know what you're saying and it makes sense. So maybe it'd be more accurate if I say I'm looking for a way to link the audiolevel keyframing of one track to another one, so I don't need to keyframe the same track twice ... ? Is there such a thing?
Thanks for your help John!
t
August 07, 2005 05:59AM
The problem is that dual mono track clips cannot be sent to STP as a stap only as a stmp, which limits your resources.

All the best,

Tom
December 13, 2005 02:09AM
Hi guys...

I have the same problem. But with a twist. I was having exactly the same problem so I 'sent' from FCP to STP four clips taken from the same original media captured at the same time. Three clips come in fine, as a single stereo track (with the video). One comes in as TWO mono tracks!!

Why? It doesn't make sense. The 'log details' of all the clips are exactly the same.

I'm with Thomas. I don't want to have to process two separate tracks that SHOULD BE A SINGLE STEREO, or at least a set of LINKED tracks that can be adjusted simultaneously.

Have you found any solutions since this was posted?

All ears,

Ben
December 20, 2005 12:26AM
I am just starting out so excuse me if this is silly but check that the stereo link is ON in FCP before you export. I am seeing different problems exporting to STP with this variable.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics