Tracks

Posted by spaceman 
Tracks
August 08, 2005 02:50PM
Does anybody know where some free track may be found or some good inexpensive ones?
Thanks
Re: Tracks
August 08, 2005 03:03PM
""where some free track may be found""

Can you be more specific? Just a note - If you want people to respond to your inquiries, you need to define your inquiries so that they can understand the intent.

Honestly- if you got this question of of the blue - what would you assume it to be?

""Does anybody know where some free track may be found or some good inexpensive ones?""
August 08, 2005 03:39PM
Speaking of compositions, Background Music for DVD's

Post Edited (08-08-05 13:43)
August 08, 2005 04:19PM
AH! Music tracks!!! Well, that is what Soundtrack is for. Composing music with loops. All music made with Soundtrack is License free and just requires a little work. I'd say that is about the closest to Free, once you own Soundtrack.

Of course there are plenty of ways to buy royalty free music and they are EXpenSIve! Another route is to purchase Smartsound and it can make music tracks of a specific timecode lenght with ease. It just costs a pretty penny.
August 08, 2005 05:09PM
Thanks for the info..

I can't see how, unless you play instruments, you can compose with Soundtrack.

It's just a bunch of repeating loops, no lead melodies or lead anything.

How can it possibly create anything melodic?

I can't evan get it to save something that was done with the editor that reflects changes done there. It saves all right but without the changes. I've looked although the manuals and can't find out how, so if it aint easy to find out how, I guess there is nothing simple about it.
August 08, 2005 05:47PM
Loops have their limits. They sound, well, loopy. Within those confines you can do some interesting loopy things.

You might want to look around here
[www.soundtracklounge.com]
to see what some folks do.

As John mentiond
[www.smartsound.com]
Is great for melodic stuff although it can get pricey as you buy sound CDs.

Craig Seeman
[thirdplanetvideo.com]
August 08, 2005 05:51PM
Actually they do a comparision between SmartSound SonicFire and the old Sound Track at this link.

[www.smartsound.com]

Craig Seeman
[thirdplanetvideo.com]
August 11, 2005 01:25PM
hey dude-a-ronomy if really need some tracks for a seen just send me a clip and a descript of what mood u need and i will make it for ya at a small premium. i have over 1200 original composition already ( none make with loops). i am sure i could do something with it considering i became a fcp user by doing scores on movies and comercials.

tip of the moment: Originality doesn't come from how you improve upon others ideas but it is from the courage to do what has never been done.
August 11, 2005 05:18PM
I think Soundtrack Pro is terrific for building the music & fxs tracks for film & video production. The prroblem with many of the loops of course is that they're too melodic.

After all we're not doing dance music. We want something to underscore monents in the production when we want to nudge the audience's emotional feeling slightly in a direction that the scene on its own is not quite pulling of.

If the audience can experience it as music, then generally speaking, I think the effort is basicly a failure.

Dave
August 11, 2005 07:54PM
Dave ..
You said it.

STP along with all Apple loop packages including its #4 Symphony Orchestra loops are mainly "Head Banging" stuff, kinda like a shouting match. No soothing stuff suitable for behind narrations. I guess apple is listing to MTV to much.
August 11, 2005 09:35PM
Right. We don't require the same source material as the garage band & Logic folks. I'd like to see more in the Philip Glass Bernard Herrmann vein.

Dave
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics