FCP to Sountrack Pro - option greyed out

Posted by Erik 
I am having a problem getting a clip from FCP 5 to Soundtrack Pro so that I can edit audio in STP? When selecting the clip, usually we can go to "Send
To" and then "To Soundtrack Pro Audio File Project" but it is greyed out -
all settings appear the same as on other projects where I have done the
very same thing numerous times before. I have a project due in 4 days and can't find the answer anywhere and Apple will not provide support without paying loads of money I don't have. I appreciate all the help I could get. Thanks!
Dal
Re: FCP to Sountrack Pro - option greyed out
August 14, 2005 04:40PM
I had this problem at first, but then realized the Soundtrack Pro app had to be installed seperately. I thought the main installer installed all the main apps - apparently not. Might make sure you have STPRO installed. Simple thought, I know, but.... a thought.
I had the same problem (very frustrating) til I converted the audio file I was working with to AIFF then it worked fine.
Stan
Re: FCP to Sountrack Pro - option greyed out
November 01, 2005 06:25AM
Hi guys,

I have the same problem, cannot fix it yet though.

The strange thing is that I can send some audio files to STPro as Audio file project, but not others. And that's from within the same timeline.

If people can figure this out, I'd love to hear about it. Annoying problem.

Take care,

S
Try unlinking the the video and audio using the link command in the Modify menu. Make sure the audio is not a stereo pair (also in modify menu)
Select one audio clip, left or right and it should work. dmac
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics