How do i filter out background crowd noise in either Soundtrack Pro or FCP5??

Posted by Wesley Summers 
How do i filter out background crowd noise in either Soundtrack Pro or FCP5??
September 21, 2005 03:08PM
How do i filter out background crowd noise in either soundtrackpro or FCP5??
Re: How do i filter out background crowd noise in either Soundtrack Pro or FCP5??
September 23, 2005 11:28PM
What is the "forground" sound and is it significantly louder?

One method is to use the DeNoise filter.

Use Theshold setting to set where you think the noise floor is. In layman's terms, it's the volume level where most or all of the noise is below.

Use Reduce to lower the noise level. You may find you want to leave a little noise in. Too extreme a reduction can sound a bit odd.

The filter also has Noise Type. Some refer to this as "color." Pink, White, Blue. Another way to think of it is whether the noise is brighter/high frequency. White which is all over the frequency spectrum. Darker, lower harmonics, more base.

It also includes smoothing which can help get ride of that "glass" artifact (as some folks call it). You can use Time, Frequency, Transition but the combination depends on the particular noise vs sound your saving.

Another is Reduce Noise. It also has Theshold, Reduction, Tone Control (preseves base or treble - low or high frequencies). It does not have smoothing controls though. You can take a "noise print," sample a section of noise only and then have it reduce the noise of your selection.

Craig Seeman
[thirdplanetvideo.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics