Having troubles with Digi002 in Soundtrack

Posted by scotty perey 
[I hope this is appropriate for this forum.... I'm in the "Soundtrack" section of my Apple Pro Final Cut Advanced Tutorial...]

When attempting to record audio in Soundtrack, "Digidesign HW ( 002 )" shows up as both input and output options, in both the Preferences and "Single Take Recording" dialog boxes, but when the latter appears, there is also a warning that reads "Failure occurred when preparing the device (null) "

Subsequently, whenever I choose any output for the monitor (in the same dialog box) another warning comes up: "unknown internal situation (null)" This only happens when the Digi002 remains selected here as the input.

If the device is obviously being read by the software, why these failures? (I'm getting no input signal on the meters) The device is working fine in Pro Tools.

Thanks,

scotty

I might have a related problem, I'm using an M-Audio AP 2496 Card and I keep seeing the dialog box with the error: "Failure occurred when preparing the device (null)" but I am able to monitor audio through the device. It's annoying to keep getting this dialog box. I also hear the audio stutter (repeat a section) once in a while, and then it goes away.

Any ideas what is going on?!?!??
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics