FCP to STP...where are the dissolves?

Posted by frankpledge 
i have not yet started to really work with STP as i haven't needed it until now.

i've searched this forum and others and the manual for an answer but could not really find one.

am i crazy or when you export/send to from FCP to STP the dissolves on the FCP audio timeline do NOT go with it? say wha?

i MUST be missing something right?
thanks so much in advance!
fp
i guess the answer is - no dissolves?

fp
JSD
Re: FCP to STP...where are the dissolves?
October 30, 2005 10:12PM
You could try exporting the video separately and import it into the STP timeline if it really bothers you. You won't be exporting directly from STP anyway, at least in Apple's thinking, instead you are exporting the audio back to Final Cut and then going out through DV or Compressor.
sorry. i mean audio dissolves. i was wondering if there is a way of bringing the dissolves i put on the tracks to come over to STP.

i'm not sure i understand how my final output workflow impacts any audio 'work' i did in fcp.

if i'm going to do additional work in STP on tracks shouldn't it have the work i did in FCP as well? like audio dissolves and crossfades?

thanks
fp
November 03, 2005 05:04PM
Frank-

I only have played with STP but it seems to me that the tracks that I had set dissolves on in FCP showed up as two tracks in STP, overlapped. Perhaps with fade out on one and fade in on the other?

-V
December 20, 2005 12:28AM
in audio they are called crossfades. The XML implementation leaves a little to be desired at this point.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics