The Next Version Needs:

Posted by Dal 
Dal
The Next Version Needs:
November 01, 2005 02:24PM
A thread to point out what is absolutely necessary and yet missing from the STPro application. Not things which would be "nice to have" as much as things which make it nearly non-functional in a professional environment. (Not a thread to bag on the program, to help encourage it become even more useful.)

If I'm wrong on any of these - please let me know!

1. My number one issue with STPro is the fact that you can export all your tracks into STPro, but you cannot bring them back into FCP. Since the workflow generally is that you have to make multiple versions of your edit and each version requires showing clients or audiences along the way with decent mixes, bringing the audio into STPro becomes pointless as you would have to start your mix again from scratch the next time you bring it in. If you could bring the entire tracks back into FCP, i would be using this application all the time and loving it.

2. There is no way to make multiple fades. I remember when protools finally wisened up and figured out that sound editing requires massive amounts of fades and allowed for multiple fade creation - was huge. It will be just as necessary for STPro to add this.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics