audio mix

Posted by Lisha Rigney 
audio mix
November 09, 2005 11:10AM
Hello to all,

I work on a couple of shows for broadcast. One is dialogue w/ theme music and v/o over bumpers; the other is a performance show. Both shows are output to digibeta. Usually the show with dialogue needs to have background noise cleaned up and the theme music mixed with the v/o. For the performance show, the vocals and music tracks have to be mixed. Once I've finished the editorial I've been exporting an OMF for the dialogue show and an EDL for the performance show and having the audio mixed by an audio engineer using pro tools.

I'm wondering if Soundtrack Pro would enable me to do my own mixes. Do any of you do your own mixes? What would I have to be aware of? Prior to taking on this added step I plan on taking a course --actually, I'm doing the certification training at DV expo in December and if I feel it is necessary I will take the Soundtrack Pro class at Moviola in Los Angeles. :-)

But I just want to hear other's thoughts about doing audio mixing. I have a small Behringer mixer (Behringer UB802 Eurorack 8 Input Mixer) and Audiophile speakers. Would I need another mixer or different speakers? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

As always, thanks so much!
Lisha
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics