no audio in Audio Waveform Editor

Posted by Lisha 
no audio in Audio Waveform Editor
January 02, 2006 09:15PM
Hello to all,

I am unable to monitor my audio using the Audio Waveform Editor in Soundtrack Pro through my external speakers.

When I play my project in FCP I hear it through my speakers. When I import the project into Soundtrack Pro and play the project in the Soundtrack Pro timeline I can hear the audio. When I double click on a clip and play it back through the Audio Waveform Editor I cannot hear the clip. The audio shows up in the audio meters and I am able to make adjustments to the clip, however I am not able to hear the clip while it is looping in the Audio Waveform Editor. When I get out of the Audio Waveform Editor and play my sequence from the timeline I can hear it. Any suggestions?

As always, thanks in advance.

Peace,
Lisha
Hi Lisha

Has it worked before?
What system do you have?-

When I was using dual 450
soundtrack did not have full
range of real time and was a little glitchie

After getting G5-- ST has run perty
smooth now

I have not seen any preferance
that might be causing this-- Jay
Hi Jay,

Thanks for responding. I am on a dual G5 2.5 ghz.

Lisha
Re: no audio in Audio Waveform Editor
January 03, 2006 01:20PM
I noticed this morning that if I open Final Cut Pro, play something in the timeline, hide FCP and then play whatever clip is in the Audio Waveform Editor in Soundtrack Pro I can hear the audio. However, if I open another clip in the Waveform Editor I cannot hear the audio until I go back to FCP, play a clip in the timeline (any clip) and then go back to Soundrack Pro then the clip plays fine. Its as if FCP is activating the audio playback in Soundtrack Pro.

What's going on? What am I doing wrong? Ugh? :-)

Lisha
test
Re: no audio in Audio Waveform Editor
January 14, 2006 02:36PM
If you switch to Built in audio do hear the audio?

I saw this post over at the apple forums

[discussions.apple.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics