How can I extend the reverb beyond the clip length when exporting...

Posted by Simon Kirby 
Hello,

I have made a Apple loop based composition built in Soundtrack Pro. I have added a real time audio filter - Soundtrack Pro Reverb - on a Dobro Guitar loop - so that when the track ends there's a brief echo. I have set the end of the track, 5 seconds after this.

When I play the track the loop ends with a nice echo...

When I export the track, the reverb ends immediately when the loop ends.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

cheers

Simon Kirby

Lunchtime Cinema
[www.digitalzoo.com.au]
Final Cut Pro links and resources all in one spot
Re: How can I extend the reverb beyond the clip length when exporting...
April 16, 2006 11:33PM
I've just struck the same problem...I added a tape echo to a track, and the feedback is meant to swell and distort ...then tail off....which works fine in the multitrack....but upon export, the fx cut out when the clip ends.

Anybody?
April 16, 2006 11:54PM
D'oh....too few coffees....

I set up a Bus and used it to apply the effects to the track...works, naturally.

I think the way I sometimes apply fx to individual tracks in Acid led me to think the same would work in SP....but no...it's a little different.

It's a bit like "...hey, I don't need to make this effect available to every track...it's part of the sound of the "instrument..." so you just apply it to the track....like putting a delay pedal on a guitar....but that approach doesn't seem to work in SP for delay-based fx, at least....due to the clip length thingo....

In short...all delay-based fx should be given a Bus, then feed it whatever track you want to effect. Just like a mixing desk!
April 17, 2006 08:01PM
AH HA!

The clouds part and I see the way ahead...

I have just followed your tip and it works fine now.

Thankyou very much.

cheers

Simon Kirby

"Lunchtime Pro" - Final Cut Pro links and resources all in one spot
[www.digitalzoo.com.au]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics