5.1 audio in FCP projects?

Posted by Bill Taylor 
5.1 audio in FCP projects?
January 24, 2006 07:14PM
Is it possible to do 5.1 audio in FCP 5.0 with Soundtrack Pro, and burn it through DVD Studio Pro'?
I'm still using FCP 4.5 but I'm getting more and more requests for 5.1 in a future project. I have no knowledge about "FCP Studio" and whether it can do this or not. Thanks.
Re: 5.1 audio in FCP projects?
January 24, 2006 11:04PM
nope not natively at this point

there are ways you can "fake" it but it is not easy not accurate

if you NEED 5.1 consider upgrading to Logic Pro for doing your audio mixing or getting it outsourced

DAVE

David at Movies Rock in Toronto
[www.tofcpug.com]
January 25, 2006 12:22AM
Oddly if you export to Compressor for either Dolby5.1 or WMV (Flip4Mac) you can assign surround sound channels. You just can't mix them. Rumor has it that Surround Sound will be announced for FCS at NAB.

Craig Seeman
[thirdplanetvideo.com]
what
January 25, 2006 10:02AM
I think you could use the output bus stuff in STP to get a 6 channel mix then export through Compressor for DVD Studio
January 25, 2006 10:19AM
Yes, you can do that now and that's my point. You CAN assign channels. You can not mix things in surround sound space though.

Craig Seeman
[thirdplanetvideo.com]
Re: 5.1 audio-Thank You
January 30, 2006 02:06PM
Just wanted to thank you all for your response and help. You guys are the greatest. Thanks. -Bill
May 06, 2006 11:57PM
HI

What is a basic soundcard I should get for my G5 to do basic 5.1 playback from SoundTrack?

I got a set of LogicTek 5.1 speakers (using the green, orange and black mini plugs).

Independent photographer, film maker and Producer. In the wonderful UK.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics