Ducking music for narration

Posted by Phil Cramer 
Ducking music for narration
March 08, 2006 12:54PM
I'm new to Soundtrack tho FCP since ver 1.0. Is there a simple guide/tip for automatic ducking of the music bed for a narration? I've searched the Soundtrack Help topics to no avail. TIA

Phil
in Indianapolis
Re: Ducking music for narration
March 08, 2006 03:25PM
No, STP does not act as a real DAW. It is loop based for most of it worth and can record 2 tracks at a time, but no fancy DAW features are implemented.

It is pointed at being a helper app for audio with video but even the toughest audio problems still need to go to an audio person.
what
March 08, 2006 06:44PM
loop based? cmon i use it for sound for film using really long audio files.

There is no automatic ducking but you can record automation during playback and duck using the mixer or control surface.
March 08, 2006 07:07PM
>It is pointed at being a helper app for audio with video but even the toughest audio problems still need to go to an audio person.

Although there is not an automatic feature, I wouldn't call ducking a music track for narration a tough audio problem. Just use the mixer and record the automation moves. If you dont get it right first time just do it again.
March 08, 2006 10:01PM
OH? Not looped based? What are those 5000 things that get loaded with STP?

The original poster asked about AUTOMATIC DUCKING - which STP does not do!
Thanks for the info. I'll "automate" with my fingers. I remember a Pro Tools demo where "linking" was used to vary the gain on a track based on volume of another track. Thanks again.
April 30, 2006 09:36AM
Garage band 3 has the automatic ducking.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics